DH Riley Presents

Friday, February 17, 2006

10 Things

Since pretty much nobody reads this thing besides me, it seems to be an appropriate forum for my stupid self-help tips. Some rules to live by from now on:

1. Call at least one person that you don't feel like calling every day. I'm so guilty of putting this stuff off until it gets ridiculous. If I don't need to do it at work, I should do it at home. This feels like a serious undertaking, since I never feel like calling anybody. At least there are plenty of candidates.

2. Get out of the door in the morning no more than one hour after you get up. Seriously, how hard is this? NO MORE FUCKING ABOUT ON THE COMPUTER PRE-WORK. Sometimes it's all so simple.

3. Run 5 days a week. That's all - doesn't matter how far. Just fucking do it.

4. Stop reading EVERYTHING in the sportswriting universe. I'm obsessed. Addicted. Can't help myself. All I really need are the box scores, Bill Simmons, and the Quickie. And that's all.

5. Floss. All the time. Yep, that's my March 3rd dentist appointment looming in the distance. Hi there.

6. Keep the room clean. Hang up those clothes. Throw away that flyer. Thattaboy.

7. Clean the desk at the end of every day. Should be easy, right?

8. Look at your planner every day. And thus, stop forgetting every appointment ever.

9. Develop a cheap drinking strategy. 'Cause you ain't got one right now.

10. Be friendly, motherfucker! So yeah - there's that. I lack basic "what's going on in your life?" skills. Sort of a prerequisite for my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home