DH Riley Presents

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's Good to Have Goals...

So, I've always been a little confused about what to do in terms of content in this little free-for-all, and my solution is to give myself stupid little projects to gnaw on for a few weeks. What I'll be doing, then, is visiting these weird venues that they have all over Philly - the "DIY" scene, if you will. Sadly, most of them don't serve booze. Sigh.

This site is a pretty solid starting point for learning what's out there...

On the list are:

Circle of Hope
The Bread Bin
The Avant Gentlemen's Lodge
Clap it Off
Pilam
Danger Danger House
Art @ SOPHI (confused as to whether this is a house or a promoter. oh well)
409 House
The Haunted Cream Egg
Lava

That's 10, right? Should keep me busy, I think. First up is this weekend's show by Ramona Cordova at Circle of Hope, which is some sort of radical Christian outpost at Broad & Washington (and I mean radical in the progressive sense rather than the Falwell sense.) I'll check in on Sunday at the latest.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Rod White said...

Did you ever check in? I ran across this post randomly.

Rod White
rod@circleofhope.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home